Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sugar & Spice, and Everything Nice

Yesterday was a really long day for me. I am preparing for finals and my boss came back from a short vacation with a long list of projects for me to complete by the end of the day. Needless to say I was stressed! I work in the academic office at Davenport University, which is also the school I attend. One of my former professors saw how stressed I was and he did the greatest thing, he gave me CHOCOLATE! Talk about a mood change, as soon as I bit into that milky sweetness my spirits were lifted.
The package was an assortment from Fannie May Candies filled with delicious chocolates. I am not one of those people who love sweets. I actually prefer salty snacks over the sweet ones. However, chocolate is a different type because it really does seem to brighten my day. I say to all my potential boyfriends, when in doubt bring me chocolate. I know it seems old fashioned to go with the traditional flowers and candy routine but it works! I am also aware that at times I am the perfect example of, “I am woman hear me roar”, yet there are still times that I need to be treated to the therapeutic sweetness of chocolate. But hey, that’s just me.

No comments: