Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Inspiration

Sunday was my first performance of the songs off my album and it was awesome! I was so comfortable and I sounded really good. I wish I could have put together a complete show (i.e. dancers, background singers, full band). However, I believe I made up for it with my performance. It is amazing how 17 minutes can make such a big difference! I can't describe the high I got from hearing the applause, in the middle of my song(!!!!), and the reaction of the crowd was infectious. I have known all my life that I wanted to sing, but this last performance has definitely sealed my fate, I am meant to do this.
Growing up in a musical family, for me, has been truly been a blessing in so many ways. Music has gotten me and my family through some really tough times. Writing songs, singing them, recording them, etc. is like therapy for me, and I know for a fact my dad and siblings feel the same way. That is part of the reason why I have chosen to pursue a music career. The other reason is I love being able to touch people's lives.
After Sunday's show I received emails, Myspace messages and friend requests, all because of my performance and my song, Knowing. The song itself was my way of getting my feelings out about my first love lying and leaving me and now I know (because of my album & performance) that other people identify with the song. They see themselves, even if they feel like the song was written about them. That is so HUGE! And it feels AMAZING!
I get discouraged and I get disappointed in how far I have to go with not only this album but my career as a recording artist period. However, in those 17 minutes I realized that I have what it takes to be successful. I have to keep pushing forward, no matter how I am feeling or how bleak the outlook might be. From now on I am on a mission to do whatever it takes (within reason and moral restraints) to be successful and to fulfill my destiny. But hey, that's just me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like I missed quite a show...