Saturday, January 26, 2013

In The Name Of Love

Yesterday I read an article about a woman from Las Vegas that was dating this man she met on Match.com. Apparently things weren't going well so she broke things off. A week later he broke into her garage, waited for her to return home and when she did he stabbed her mutiple times in the face and upper torso. His reason for doing this was because she rejected his love. Now I know that this has happened numerous times and unlike in this situation the person usually dies but what I don't understand is the reasoning behind it.

Love can be a powerful emotion. It is the driving force behind so many aspects of our mere existance. But is it so closely mirrored by hate that people confuse the two? I say that the love is used as an excuse in most cases. This is what I believe because I can't fathom how an emotion that allows me nurture my boys, provide a shoulder for my friends, and fiercely protect those who mean the most to me can also drive me to turn around and kill them.

I have lost a child, a mother, and my brother so I believe that I'm well aware of the pain that death causes. Therefore to use love as an excuse to murder someone has got to be the biggest load shit I have ever heard. Now on the other side of this there is the fact that love can make you almost manic about someone. Especially when it comes to losing that person, no matter how they might exit your life. But in that state if you are not of a strong, rational, and spiritual mind that's when love becomes obsession.

Here is a powerful and beautiful song that to me if taken at face value is about a man being in love with a woman. However, this woman doesn't love this man back and he has no misconceptions about this fact. So in my opinion this song is really about his obsession with her, but hey that's just me.


No comments: