Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Day for Love

Called the symbol of love roses are a favorite of mine. Through movies and my parents I have always associated roses with Valentine’s Day. This Valentine’s Day I am not sure of how I will be celebrating but I do think that it will prove to be special. Here in the United States Valentine’s Day is a really big commercial holiday. However, I believe that it can be about sharing, caring, and loving those around you.
Valentine’s Day is actually celebrated all over the world and
roses are the most popular flower for gift giving. The first time I ever received flowers for Valentine’s Day, my then boyfriend had ordered them from 1800flowers.com, and they were beautiful. It was really amazing how those flowers lifted my spirits and made me feel so cared for. I am actually the type that doesn’t need a holiday to appreciate a bouquet of flowers.
This Valentine’s Day falls on a weekend and that makes for an even better time. I have my own ideal Valentine’s Day celebration, but as I said before I think it should be about sharing, caring, and loving those around you. Gifts are great to receive and even better to give. Hopefully I will get a beautiful bouquet of roses to go along with the pleasure of being with the special man in my life. If not, being with him will be enough. But hey, that’s just me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the first time I’ve commented on your blog. This great post attracted me, the list seems very complete to me. I like the point of “Take full ownership of your actions”. For me this is the base of all points. Our actions will make us to better or worse at living.